A few posts ago, when I was talking about my dream MMORPG(You can read it here) a comment by DulakQuickleaf suggested I may enjoy Shadowbane by Ubisoft. I decided to give the game a whirl, after all it's free now. After the initial install, patching, and other minor updates I was ready to have a blast...
I was betrayed.
At first I was intrigued. There are several races to choose from. Human, elf, minotaur, centaur, vampire, demon, half-elf, etc. However once the game started I knew there was no chance I was going to enjoy it. This isn't Dulak's fault however. Shadowbane just instantly shut me off due to several issues such as UI, playing perspective, and just overall polish.
In other news..
Apparently job recruiters(some) are told NOT to hire WoW players. While I'm sure this remark is aimed toward all MMO players and not just WoW, this is a funny little fact. Why not hire the MMO gurus? Most employers find that MMO players are too focused/playing their MMO of choice*which is mostly World of Warcraft* instead of actually working. I know that at my previous employment there was generally a large group talking about WoW instead of working pretty much the entire time.
The rest of the time they were playing it in their offices.
Oh, and people still apparently hate SOE. I don't. My hate is now for MicroSoft
*glares at his bricked Xbox*
- ► 2009 (50)
12/14 - 12/21
- New format is up..kinda...maybe...well..
- Tabula Rasa goes free early!
- Site will be under some construction..
- MMORPGs are Evil
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
- Danshir talks to Aeria Games!
- EVE's Starbase Exploit Reachs Cosmic Proportions
- Shadowbane, World of Warcraft, and The Evil Tyrant...
- A sad author..
- Subscription MMORPGs Hate MT MMORPGs?
- SOE announces Station Cash a success
- Earthrise - About the game and beta announcements
- MMORPG Group Dynamics
- A City of Heroes Experience: Evil Teleport
- Myst Online - Real Innovation
- ▼ 12/14 - 12/21 (15)