Apparently adding Micro-Transactions to EverQuest and EverQuest 2 was a smashing success for Sony Online Entertainment. How much a success? Enough to start hiring a larger staff JUST for the Station Cash program. There is also talk of adding even more items. Now even though SOE once claimed in a blog to NEVER have any type of MT system...
Here it is. For better or worse SOE is keeping AND expanding it.
However most games that use MT have no subscription fees, yet EverQuest and EverQuest 2 do. They also charge per expansion, etc, etc. I really think that unless they switch to a full MT system*Where there is no subscription fees, etc* then this could hurt more than help.
You can read the full post by SOE here.
- ► 2009 (50)
12/14 - 12/21
- New format is up..kinda...maybe...well..
- Tabula Rasa goes free early!
- Site will be under some construction..
- MMORPGs are Evil
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
- Danshir talks to Aeria Games!
- EVE's Starbase Exploit Reachs Cosmic Proportions
- Shadowbane, World of Warcraft, and The Evil Tyrant...
- A sad author..
- Subscription MMORPGs Hate MT MMORPGs?
- SOE announces Station Cash a success
- Earthrise - About the game and beta announcements
- MMORPG Group Dynamics
- A City of Heroes Experience: Evil Teleport
- Myst Online - Real Innovation
- ▼ 12/14 - 12/21 (15)