Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
- Great character customization, if not the best of MMO's.
- Spell combo system is fun, keeps combat entertaining.
- Voice acting helps with the feel of the game, you feel like your in Norrath.
- More quests then you can shake a stick at.
- A lot of expansions to buy...A lot.
- Content " patches " that are free for other games cost money here.
- Not very clear of where to go for your level bracket unless you ask other players.
- A lot of walking, especially when your starting out.
I would highly suggest this game, despite the flaws. Though the rate of expansions does bother me, as does paying money for lil patches that World of Warcraft gives out for free, this game is a blast to play if you enjoy Fantasy MMORPG at all. I give this game a 9/10.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
This is, perhaps, the MMO that started it all in terms of true Massively Multiplayer Online gaming as we know it today. Though not the powerhouse that World of Warcraft is today, in it's prime it was truly an experience. After ten long years, it's still running...and still making expansions. Two a year infact. Despite that*expansions get expensive*, and the fact there are almost less then half the servers then they had, it's still a game I would recommend to any " hardcore" MMO fan. By hardcore I mean you are willing to take DAYS of playing simply to level up. In comparison to the newer generation of online games, this will suck your life dry. Rather you believe that to be a good thing, or bad, is up to you. However, in terms of size, I've yet to see a game larger. The world is massive, as are the various planes of existance. Some raids could have over 50+ people, and even then fail due to a simple mistake made by any of those people.
- Tons and Tons of content, you will NOT run out of things to do.
- Massive. Just plain ol Massive. Maybe even titan'ish.
- The GM's have a sense of humor.( I got turned into a spectre once..just to mess with me)
- Until you're max level, prepare to be alone in a huge world..very very alone.
- Two expansions a year that are almost equal to free patches other games release...
- Outdated graphics, style is nice..but still. Polygon city.
- Alot of " zoning ". Prepare to say hi to the loading screen.
Something worthy to note. Sony does have a lil device called " HotZones ". Basically if you are questing or killing in whichever zone the hotzone is for that week/month/etc, you'll get bonus exp. This has the advantage of not only giving you more exp, but encouraging others in your level brackett to hunt there. However, while this is the MMO that got me into the genre ten years ago, I gotta give this game a 6/10. It will hook you, but it will require major work to be any type of contender against the new Kings.
The customization ability is astounding! I've made classic iconic video game characters such as Mega man, Raiden, and even old cartoon heroes such as Captain Planet.*Hey, it was funny* That aside, the actual gameplay is fun, though I personally think that the City of Villians game is alot more interesting and fun then Heroes, especially with the archtypes*think character class*. However, after about level 10, I quickly became bored. There isn't alot of variety of missions, they're either save/kidnap this person, steal this item, etc, all in different instanced areas.
- Unrivaled in character creation. We are talking thousands of possiblities...
- The Bank missions are a hoot, and money system is more laid back*AKA not a problem to get cash.*
- Easy to find Teams/Super teams*aka Groups/Guilds*
- It quickly gets boring, more so then even WoW did.
- Some huge issues with Pet AI for the Mastermind archtype.
- Graphics are not astounding
- Boring missions later on in levels.
Thankfully, you get another free trial game here. So try before you buy. It's alot of fun, but more then likely you'll get your fill with just the 14 day free trial. I give this game a 7/10. It's good, but I would love to see some heavy improvements upon it. If you are interested in trying it out, then City of Heroes® - Download and Play Now
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
- The game content is from a very well known source.
- The combat is fun and exciting.
- The graphics are fantastic.
- It's really just World of Warcraft with different graphics..
- After the first 15 minutes, it quickly became just another MMO
- I didn't find the PvP content as fun as WoW's
Overall, I would rate this game a 8.5/10. It's a great game, but it*and many others* are just WoW clones with different source material. There is a free trial however, so check it out. And be sure to check out the elite link for LOTOR!
- Large player base, you'll rarely (if ever!) fight alone.
- Easy to start out, even if you're new to RPGs.
- Player Vs Player content is a blast and gives unique weapons/armor.
- Runs great even on older machines.
- Graphics are somewhat too cartoonish.
- Character model customization is small.
- Most Raid encounters can take several hours to complete.
Overall, I give World of Warcraft a 9.5/10 score. It has some minor issues, especially the lack of customization to your character model. I would love to see the use of armor dyes, and more detailed editing with face and body. Still, this is a fast paced game that deserved to be tried out. Now.
If you need a truly powerful edge without doing it illegally with hacks or buying gold online*which is also illegal, which WILL result in your account being banned*, then Click Here! And prepare for the shinies!
- ► 2009 (50)
- ▼ 2008 (93)