Monday, December 1, 2008

World of Warcraft - Gear isn't everything

Let the twinks tell you that min/maxing is the only way to play World of Warcraft, or any MMORPG for that matter. Years of playing WoW has shown me that no matter how well geared someone is, the deciding factor in the best DPS, Tanking, healing, and PVP is and forever will be ability.

Back when I was playing World of Warcraft nightly for a few hours if not longer, I played a Hunter and was leveling up in The Burning Crusade zones. I'm level 61, so I'm just now starting to get some decent loot from the boring quests scattered about Outland. I manage to snag a spot into a group to do an instance run into ramparts. We had several 70's with us, one of them a enhancement shaman.

Number 1 in DPS was not the 68 Mage, nor the 70 shaman, nor anyone else but the little 61 hunter and his crossbow. Now I'm not saying the players I was with were bad, but this is just an example of how skill can pull you ahead. While gear is great, it should never be considered the main factor of a character.

Also, Hunters rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The MMO Experience © 2008 Template by:
SkinCorner