Role models in an MMORPG???
I was reading a very interesting post by Ixobella about how apparently people are saying World of Warcraft is too easy for "hardcore" raiders. Why? Because the guild Nihilum had already done all a raiding guild could do a day after the release of Wrath of the Lich King. That's right, One day later they had completed Naxxramas. Then there were two guys that apparently duo'ed a boss in Naxx all by themselves, a warrior and a paladin. So with these two facts in mind there are hosts of people screaming WoW is too easy, too catering to casuals.
But this isn't what made my vision distort from rage.
There is this quote going around...everywhere it seems now that I'm aware of it. The quote itself is filled with such narcissism that I want to start bashing heads in, immediately.
"The pro guilds are the heroes of World of Warcraft and the casual players look up to them.."
It then proceeds to talk about how unless Blizzard releases an "Epic" content patch just for the pro guilds, they will get bored and possibly quit. The reason this is such a loss*not financially to Blizzard, Hardcore guilds are roughly 5% the population* is that the casual players will LOSE THEIR ROLE MODELS. This is the ACTUAL wording these people are using!
Because two german kids exploited their way using invis pots past all the trash and made it to a boss and killed it. It took them over 3 hours and their bragging about it? Come on people, It's neat you could pull that off but to act like your role models to people because of these kind of virtual achievements is kinda disturbing.
Anyway, enough raging...these are the kinds of things that make me not play WoW anymore.
Urg...To think I used to lead raids...
- ► 2009 (50)
12/07 - 12/14
- Richard Bartle fights World of Warcraft Torture
- World of Warcraft Sex...wait...WHAT?!
- Dream of Mirror Online - My first day..
- An MMO Experience : WoW in Calimshan
- Aeria Games loves me..apparently.
- Dreams of Mirror Online - Watashia wakarimasin
- My World of Warcraft role models...
- An EverQuest Experience: Ding !
- EverQuest: A patch to fix the emergency patch that...
- What MMORPG would YOU like to play?
- Shin Megami Tensei(aka MegaTen) Continued..?
- EverQuest RMT patch needs emergency patch
- EverQuest & EverQuest 2 goes RMT! And I fight it!
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Update..Kinda.
- An EverQuest Experience: Oh....no...
- Comments must be moderated =(
- Leadership and Ninjas
- Blade & Soul
- An EverQuest Experience: A song of death..
- ▼ 12/07 - 12/14 (19)