My wife brought up a very interesting idea to me today. We see PLENTY of fantasy MMORPGs(nothing wrong with that), Sci-Fi to some extent, and other popular formats. Yet there are some PRIME settings for a online game such as the ones we love to play that are not being tapped into.
So, I made a new poll, and I want ya to vote. It's just a click. You move the mouse over to what you would like to play..and presto! Your done. Fall for my manipulations, please.
I'll discuss each idea here, and let you vote.
Zombies - Every game here in 2008 seems to think if you throw zombies in the mix, you have a winner. And why not? Zombies are a blast! However there is no undead MMORPG. Think Deadrising but MMO. The goal wouldn't be to grind for items, but to simply survive. Also, let players PLAY as the zombies, where the goal is to eat the brains of the humans. Obviously a more PvP oriented game.
Legacy of Kain Series - Since Crystal Dynamics dropped this game years ago, despite it being a great series, lets pick it up! Play as a vampire/human in Nosgoth. If you have no idea what the Legacy of Kain series is....think reallllllyy dark fantasy.
Underworld - Another dark vampire like theme. The storyline that was ripped straight from White Wolf wouldn't be a bad game. Werewolves would be beserking madmen and the vampires can fall down really well.
Apocalypse MMO - A modern set MMO in the not so distant future. Some type of event ruined the planet. If done right this could be a great concept. Or a horrid one.
All the weird funny ideas I can think of at this late hour. As you can probably guess this isn't a truly serious discussion. Yet there ARE some tidbits of genius here*not by me*. A zombie mmo would be very entertaining I think. While there ARE some browser MMORPGs with zombies *such as Dead Frontier * there isn't any with a bit higher production values.
Maybe next year on that.
Author's Note - While writing this I recalled hearing about a Zombie MMORPG being developed, but things kinda got real quiet about it. After researching for a few minutes, I found the website. Still no beta, still no release dates or any ETA, but still. Check it out at Exanimus
- ► 2009 (50)
12/07 - 12/14
- Richard Bartle fights World of Warcraft Torture
- World of Warcraft Sex...wait...WHAT?!
- Dream of Mirror Online - My first day..
- An MMO Experience : WoW in Calimshan
- Aeria Games loves me..apparently.
- Dreams of Mirror Online - Watashia wakarimasin
- My World of Warcraft role models...
- An EverQuest Experience: Ding !
- EverQuest: A patch to fix the emergency patch that...
- What MMORPG would YOU like to play?
- Shin Megami Tensei(aka MegaTen) Continued..?
- EverQuest RMT patch needs emergency patch
- EverQuest & EverQuest 2 goes RMT! And I fight it!
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Update..Kinda.
- An EverQuest Experience: Oh....no...
- Comments must be moderated =(
- Leadership and Ninjas
- Blade & Soul
- An EverQuest Experience: A song of death..
- ▼ 12/07 - 12/14 (19)